How much will you bet
to win your life back?
A High Stakes Live Action Roleplaying Game of Blackmail and Confrontation
People do shady things. I’m not talking about from just time-to-time or done by the wrong sort of person, I mean all of them. All the time. Screwing over people for personal gain is kind of a thing we do. Animals too, don’t even get me started on that. People though, we’ve excelled at it, I think. Turned it into an industry, like kidnapping and blackmail. Blackmail especially is about as shady as it gets. You get some dirt on someone and they pay you a stupid amount of money to keep it hidden or else you expose them to the people they cherish the most. Family, co-workers, the public… whoever it takes to make them sweat that cash into your greedy hands.
Some deals go wrong and that’s what this game is about. It’s all about the day a blackmailer decides to go for the big score and things take a turn. Maybe it all works out, maybe someone ends up dead. That’s why we’re using a game of poker to keep it all civil. It’s a simulation, an exercise in testing out your morality in the face of adversity. Or maybe it’s just a way to pretend you’re in a Tarantino movie. Either way, this is called The Deal.
The Deal is a 4-player “poker larp” where players take on the role of fictional characters during a game of poker. Special cards are inserted into the poker deck to create plot twists that will keep everyone on their toes as their characters struggle to not only win the game… but win back their lives.
This game will include…
- Download the complete rules for The Deal for free right here
- A sturdy tuck box to hold your cards
- 36 poker-sized cards designed to slip into a regular poker deck during play, including…
- 4 character cards (The Suspicious Bastard, The Rising Star, The Desperate One, and The Blackmailer) providing an overview of your role in the game, your prop, your dominant scene, and your ultimate goal
- 4 scene cards providing an overview of the scene and which player can “prep the deck” and assign Twists & Turns cards in this scene
- 16 Twists & Turns cards (4 per scene) to create questions, ideas, accusations, and plot hooks during the game, each of them designed to be played by any character
- A basic summary card listing what all the players know at the very beginning of the game
- A special double-sided Pause and End of Scene card to function as an X-Card and more
- BONUS: 6 blank cards to create your own characters or Twists & Turns for repeated play
Type: Live Action Roleplaying/Card Game
Genre: Modern Crime Drama
Number of Players: 4 (no GM)
Time To Play: 1 to 2 hours
Card Count: 36
One thought on “The Deal”
I made an unboxing / prop box video for The Deal. Check it out: https://youtu.be/loKe_NRUzpE